Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Did Wikipedia Take An Organic Hit In Google Search?
Wikipedia has historically dominated Google’s search results – no one would argue with that.
But now with the knowledge graph, does Google have a need to rank Wikipedia at the top, when instead
- Moz Builds That Spam Identification Tool In Site Explorer
Almost two years ago, Rand Fishkin from Moz posted about looking into building a spam detection tool as a way for sites to figure out (1) who not to get links from, (2) remove bad links from and (3) see how Google may determine if a site is spammy and why…
- Google News Updates Inclusion Process: Rejection Notices Bug
Google News has a pretty relaxed inclusion process relative to the older days of trying to get into Google News. The new process is documented in detail over here.
I key difference now is that you can only request inclusion via the Google News Publisher Center…
- When Did The Eiffel Tower Open To The Public? 126 Years Ago Today.
Did you know that 126 years ago today on March 31, 1889, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France opened to the public…
- Android Plumbers In Bathroom
Daniel Waisberg from Google’s UK office posted a picture of the urinals in the mens bathroom, showing how there is wallpaper showing a lot of piping with little Android characters making sure everythi
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google search results giving Google+ posts results to me with Find more search…, Google+ – Sunny K Ujjawal
- Find A Plumber On Amazon Local Services, Cre8asite Forums
- Google testing new on-hover link colour/ no underline? @rustybrick http://t.co/h3Esskt1Bv, Ross Whistler on Twitter
- Backlinks increasing unexpectedly (very high), WebmasterWorld