Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Algo Update, Google I/O, Testing, AdWords, Local & Matt Cutts
This week we covered a possible Google algorithm update that started rolling out on May 17th. Google I/O was this week and there were updates to Google Assistant and Google Home…
- Was There A Google Algorithm Update Starting On Wednesday?
On Wednesday, some webmasters and SEOs began noticing the automated tracking tools from places like Mozcast, SER Metrics, Algoroo, Advanced Web Rankings, Accuranker, Rank Ranger and SEM Rush mostly begin to show significant signs of a large Google algorithm update…
- Matt Cutts Returns To Google For A Day To Give A Talk
Matt Cutts, who formerly resigned from Google in 2016 to lead up the US Digital Service team in the Defense Digital Service at the Pentagon is coming back to Google. Well, just for a day…
- Sign Up For Beta Purchases On Google
Google has opened up an interest form that you can access over here that lets you try to get included in the Purchases on Google beta.
The buy now button was demoed a couple years ago and looked like this:
Anthony Capetola first noticed this and covered it…
- Google AdWords Tests Expand Out Carousel Price Extensions
Jennifer Slegg spotted yet another Google AdWords user interface test in the mobile results. This one shows a carousel based card extension but only visible by clicking a drop down link…
- Google Hotel Search Rolls Out Pricing Trends Graph
At the beginning of this year, we reported that Google was testing hotel price trends in the form of graphs. Well, it looks like Google has begun rolling it out this week.
If you search for hotels on mobile…
- Dooglers Get Google Dog Food
Google dogs are named Dooglers and Google treats their dogs pretty well. Here is a photo from Carly showing wrapped dog treats with a label on it in a dog bone shape with “Doogler” written on it. How
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- With Google Lens, your smartphone camera wonât just see what you see, but will also understand what you see to help you take action. #io17 https://t.co/viOmWFjqk1, Google on Twitter
- Learn how to use universal app campaigns in our online course Universal app …, Google+ – Google Ads
- That’s the first time I see a featured snippet from a PDF file #SEO https://t.co/TN5vWZhda8, Robin Rozhon on Twitter
- Yesterday: meet w/indexing team to discuss using rel-canonical more. Today: see big website using rel-canonical=http://localhost/ ¯_(ã”)_/¯, John Mueller on Twitter
- You know when you take a great photo of someone and then you forget to send i…, Google+ – Google
- Facebook Fined by E.U. 110 miln Euros ($122 miln) Over WhatsApp, WebmasterWorld
- Google+ wonât go away, WebmasterWorld
- Interesting image carousel test. I go into a little bit more detail here – https://t.co/R42HCWt1cF cc:@rustybrick @jenstar @mblumenthal https://t.co/tQ5xVkNWP5, Sergey Alakov on Twitter
- Thanks to everyone who attended our talk at Google I/O! In our presentation, …, Google+ – Google Webmasters